Dr Gordon Lim qualified M.B.B.S from the Middlesex Hospital Medical School, University of London in 1975. He completed his housemanship in the United Kingdom and had attachments to the prestigious Queen Charlotte's Hospital for Women in London.
Dr. Lim returned to Singapore to complete his National Service and then joined the Kandang Kerbau Hospital as a trainee in Obstetric & Gynaecology. He had postings in the University Unit and Alexandra Hospital before completing his postgraduate degree. Dr Lim qualified as M.R.C.O.G in 1982 and then worked in the 'A' unit of KKMH as registrar before going into private practice in 1985. Dr Lim has had over 25 years of experience as an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist.
Dr. Lim was one of the first obstetricians to employ the ultrasound scan for diagnosis in obstetrics and gynaecology in Singapore when it was first introduced in the 1980's by the famous Professor Stuart Campbell.
Dr. Lim was one of the first gynaecologists to perform minimal invasive surgery (key-hole surgery) for the treatment of endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids, prolapse and stress incontinence ,when it was first introduced in Singapore in the 1980's.
Dr. Lim was one of the first to perform video hysteroscopic endometrial ablation as an alternative to hysterectomy for heavy periods.
Dr. Lim has written numerous medical articles and a pregnancy book "Nine Months and Counting"
- Bachelor of Medicine (London) 1975
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (United Kingdom) 1982
- Member of International College of Surgeons (United States of America) 1985
- Member of Academy of Medicine (Singapore) 1985
- Member of Society for Minimal Invasive Therapy (United Kingdom) 1995
- Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (United Kingdom) 2005